Skip to content
Skills development offered by Haigos Group Homes :
- Advise and assistance to manage money matters
- Help with budgeting, shopping and nutritional cooking
- Promote self image by encouraging a high standard of personal hygiene and self presentation.
- Health education, ranging from addiction to obesity issues.
- Supporting clients to gain practical skills such as cooking, doing their laundry and developing a daily routine.
- Suport in job hunting by identifying skills, attendance of educational courses, assisting with application forms and interview techniques.
- Help them to eventually move on their own, by providing stage by stage independent living accomodation programme.
- Enhancing social confidence by developing social networks through links with local, social and sporting events.
- Support to improve the access of clients in help servives such as Citizens Advice bureau, Bennefit Agency, Employment Agencies, Voluntary organizations and Further Educatuion.
- Support in developing strategies to cope with disappoitments and challengies that life throws.